Rules and Regulations
$200 Deposit for reservation (non-refundable) - see bookings to make a reservation,
Important: Generator operates 2-4 times/day for your electricity needs (approx. 1hr each time)
GENERATOR & Propane use for BBQ, Hot tub, fire pit COSTS $30/day (flat fee)
(Optional) Cruisin with houseboat costs $80/hour, to a maximum of 6 hrs/day, (requires the use of our 5.7 Merc Gas motors)
The "Big Kahuna" floats in middle of lake at day time (weather permitting),
Please use upper deck for smoking,
No pets allowed,
Children -12 must be supervised at all times & do not have access of the main floor kitchen.
No diving from top deck please and absolutely no running,
The owners of the "Big Kahuna Houseboat" shall not be responsible for any accidents, injuries, lost or stolen items while you are living on the premises,
To maximize your privacy: Breakfast items are located in the upper deck Kitchen and stocked for the duration of your stay. Feel free to cook your own breakfast/coffee at any time of day* We can cook and serve breakfast for you at $10/each (includes tax & gratuities), just ask for breakfast menu when on board.
Visitors must leave before 11 pm ($20 cash/day/visitor) paid prior to boarding, max: 20 people,
Visitor " sleep overs" are charged at $75/night only if there is room availability. (pre-paid and in cash only),
Any disrespectful behavior towards the yacht or the passengers will not be tollerated and that one will be asked to leave the premises without a refund,
Must show your valid fishing liscense before fishing and use designated fishing areas and proper fishing hooks/bates allowed for the area.
Only one Captain operates the Big Kahuna... Mel, the owner. Relax, have fun and enjoy the ride... drinking is permitted. Please do not try to operate he houseboat on the top helm.
Cruising with the Houseboat is optional and is charged at $80/hr. Yatch floats in middle of Mara Lake during the day and returns to the shore at night time . The houseboat is stationary near the shores of Mara Lake while waiting for your arrival. Please be Ponctual for check in (4pm). If you are late, please contact us at 780-907-0570,
The vessel shall remain anchored by the shore during storms, strong winds and unstable weather as well as during the night time,
To insure your privacy, cleaning will be done only after your departure. (All linnen is provided) For privacy, upper kitchen may be cleaned if requested only.
Additional "Optional" Costs: (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Not Optional: Generator & Propane cost: $30/Day. To be paid along with room prior to boarding.
- DAY PASS visitors allowed on board after 9am at $20/person Max.: 25 peop le,
- Optional: PARKING IS $10/DAY FOR VISITORS at our designated area or can park for free (at your own risk) at a "pull out" or "rest" area,
- Optional: $80/hour (dual 5.7 Mercury gasoline motors) for cruising with the "Big Kahuna",
- Note that the $200 fuel deposit is non-refundable in case of cancellation,
- Tube Speed Ride on Mara Lake $55/half hour, using 85hp Seadoo, driver and spotter provided. 1-2 people in tube and shall not use extreme speed for safety. Life jackets provided & mandatory . Must pay cash if not booked in advance, or paid along with your reservation payment,
- Evening meals: $36 for 2 people. 48 hrs notice required. Hot Breakfast*: prepared & served $10/person Includes taxes & gratuities or feel free to help yourself with the breakfast fridge (stocked) on upper deck and cook your own breakfast at no extra cost. Coffee/tea is Served.